Dancer Wellness Workshop
Charlotte Dance Medicine aims to bridge the gap between the dance and healthcare worlds.
This summer, the Dancer Wellness Workshop will bring dancers, parents, and teachers together for one afternoon to learn about injury prevention, nutrition, mental health, and improving performance from local health & wellness professionals.
1. Feel more confident recognizing, managing, and preventing injuries and empowered to make informed healthcare decisions.
2. Learn tools for managing performance-related anxiety and how to build confidence for the stage.
3. Have an increased awareness for how food fuels the body for everyday and performance needs.
4. Understand how cross training and conditioning helps dance performance and how to incorporate it into a busy schedule.
5. Feel supported by a network of trusted professionals who can help.
While not required for a student to participate, we strongly encourage parents to attend. There will be opportunities to move, observe, take notes, and ask questions. We encourage participants to engage in whatever way feels best to them.
A community room will be available to connect with speakers on an individual basis.
Grace Lecture, expert pointe shoe fitter and owner of Grace & Pointe Boutique will also be on-site to answer questions.
$189 – Student/Parent (1 student/no parent, 1 parent/no student, 1 student/1parent)
$149 – Adult Professional or Teacher (currently engaged or actively pursuing)
**for every 4 students per studio, that studio will receive 1 teacher admission FREE
Raffles for prizes including Apolla compression socks, rotation discs, foam roller, and other health & wellness products!
We are so excited to bring this event to the Charlotte dance community and we hope to see you there!
**If you have questions about this event please email: email@example.com or call (704) 807-4694.